Improving Communication Skills of Albanian Imams
Project Manager: Atakan DerelioΔlu
Imams are people who represent the religion of Islam in public sphere. They are the ones who interact with community most. This interaction includes not only Muslims but also people of other faiths. This project is going to assess the communication skills of imams in times of conflictions and their handling process of such community-based issues. This training project aims to provide knowledge and communications skills for the imams in Albania.
The Project Aims
- to train imams in how to communicate with public;
- to contribute to the improvement of the understanding of the multi-cultural and multi-religious setting of Albania;
- to provide better understanding community-based issues in times of confliction;
- to provide comparative analysis of religious communities for Albanian multicultural society;
- to emphasize on the function of Islam for establishing public unity.
The project is going to help the imams of Albania in coping with different conflicts and preventing clashes caused by communications deficiency. The project also deals with the mediator roles of imams as being the conveyors of the true message of Islam. The project addresses the whole Muslim community of Albania such as imams, muadhdhins and muftis.